TONKIN LIU LTD and its affiliates (the “TONKIN LIU,” “we,” “us” or “our”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website (“you”). Please read the following statement, which sets out the principles governing TONKIN LIU’s use of personal information that we may obtain about you, to understand how your information will be treated (the “Privacy Statement”). When you visit our website, TONKIN LIU comes into possession of certain information about you (your “personal information”) and collects, uses and is responsible for it. When we do this, we are the “controller” of this information for the purposes of the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and other applicable data protection laws.
If you have any comments or questions in connection with the Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USAGE
TONKIN LIU may launch a mailing list in order to provide subscribers with relevant information via newsletter. In order to sign up for our newsletter, TONKIN LIU may require users to submit information including a valid email address and demographic information such as location and interests.
We may use the information we collect, including personal information:
• To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested;
• For internal business purposes, such as to improve our services;
• To comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and
We will disclose your personal information to a third party only if we have previously notified you and in accordance with that notification, except as follows:
• To any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with an inquiry
regarding the commission of any offence, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request;
• To comply with applicable laws and lawful government or regulatory requests;
• To operate our systems properly; or
• To protect our users and TONKIN LIU
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), under the GDPR you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
• Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
• Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
• Require the correction of any mistake in the personal information that we hold about you;
• Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
• Receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations;
• Object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
• Object to decisions being taken by automated means that produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
• Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
• Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, guidance is available from applicable data protection authorities. For more information about how to exercise those rights, email us at email@example.com.